Life has been a bit of a whirl wind over the past week or so. I started off by going down to Edinburgh for an archery meeting last Saturday, before which I also went for my second run of the program (but more on that later). I managed to go do a bit of yarn shopping before hand, I may have bought a bit more than I was expecting to but I’ll do a yarn dump in a little while when the yarn that is coming in the mail gets here. The meeting was great and I’m all buzzing with ideas for the club and ways that we can improve our program and competition placing. I zipped back home on the train right after to get here on time for my dance auditions, I was strongly encouraged to go though I wanted to as well and was accepted into the advanced class. Which I attended the next night. Three nights of intense dancing and two runs later I wake up monday morning (when I was supposed to do my third run) with a stuffy nose and a scratchy throat. I’ve been taking it easy and well stocked with zinc and vitamin C and Echinacea tea but I’m still stuffy. It’s really depressing because I don’t feel up to going running at all and I haven’t been fencing either because I’m scared it will just make me feel worse. My greatest fear as that having sort of put it off for now, despite it being a very good reason I won’t get back to the running or fencing. I’ll just have to be a bit more disciplined with myself.

I bought an old bicycle off a friend last year because lets face it I live a mile at least away from where I need to be very morning and I usually have to leave twenty minutes early if I want to make it even remotely on time to lectures, lets not even think about early. I’ve been terrified to ride it because of the whole other side of the road thing and the fact that the cars do really whizz along. Any how, I finally went and bought a pump because my wheels were a bit flat and I’ve been riding the last few days. It really is amazing how much quicker it makes it to get to class though I find that I don’t know how to get around now that I actually have to follow the roads and one ways. That and the fact that it uses slightly different muscles than walking, so I’m a bit sore after.

Now to the fun work bit. I have a nice semester in many ways, my lectures are over by mid November and most of my work is handed in or presented before than as well. Which mainly means the next few weeks will be hell before my nice lazy roll into the Christmas break. Currently I’m stressing because I have a presentation to give on my dissertation on Friday, a dissertation which I’ve barely looked at the data, much less input it all into a spread sheet (I’m in the process) I suppose I can get away with the most preliminary of stats especially as I will only be working with half of my data. And I’ve got a hand in for conservation due on friday, of I’m going to be busy tomorrow. It will be internet displacement time. That is whereby I make myself do work by removing myself from the corrupting influence of the internet. Joys.